Snow Tubing at Sasquatch Mountain Resort
Whereas this household pleasant ski resort is understood for its downhill snowboarding and snowboarding, Sasquatch Mountain Resort can be dwelling to one of many largest snow tubing parks within the Decrease Mainland.
We spent quite a lot of time at Sasquatch Mountain final winter. Our boys went snowboarding extra instances final season that the earlier 3 seasons mixed.
We take pleasure in visiting the Sasquatch Mountain tubing park in-between snowboarding classes. Tubing is a well-liked winter exercise at at Sasquatch Mountain Resort and day passes are a scorching commodity, particularly on the weekends. E book your tubing tickets on-line earlier than coming as much as the mountain as a result of area is proscribed.
Planning to go to Sasquatch Mountain Resort? Learn this detailed weblog put up about every part it’s worthwhile to know earlier than you go.
Connor would possibly really like tubing greater than snowboarding!
Snow Tubing is one in every of Connor’s favorite winter actions. You possibly can see the Sasquatch Mountain tubing park after we go up the chair raise, so he typically asks, “when are we going tubing once more?”
On our most up-to-date snow tubing journey, Connor was able to go down by himself. Beforehand, he would go down the tube lanes whereas hanging on to my tube.
He had a blast! I feel he went up and down not less than 15 instances.
Watch our snow tubing video footage on Instagram.
Tube Park at Sasquatch Mountain
You don’t must stroll up the hill such as you would with conventional sledding. As an alternative, a straightforward magic carpet takes you as much as the tubing lanes (see above picture).
Tubing is a good winter exercise since you don’t want particular coaching or abilities to take pleasure in it. You additionally don’t must carry or hire gear, such as you would with snowboarding, snowboarding or snow shoeing. The inflatable tubes are offered together with your day go.
Younger kids should be accompanied by an grownup when tubing. Meaning you’re possible going tubing, too. Hold that in thoughts when planning your go to to the Sasquatch tube park.
Nicole and Connor going up the magic carpet. Take a look at all that snow!
Snow tubes can be found for visitors to make use of. No must carry gear.
The Sasquatch Mountain Resort tube park has 7 lanes to slip down. Every lane is barely completely different. Some are quicker than others. Our boys tried all of them and like the primary two lanes. I feel that’s as a result of these two lanes get probably the most utilization, which packs the snow and makes a slippery floor.
Watch this brief video to see the snow tube park.
Every tubing session is 2 hours. It’s the proper period of time for younger children. Tubing is open on the weekend for many of the day, so you possibly can decide a time that works for your loved ones.
You don’t want particular gear, however gown for the climate.
After we go snow tubing we all the time put on snow pants, heat winter coats, helmet, googles, winter boots and gloves. You don’t need to put on a helmet, nevertheless it’s really useful.
If it’s snowing outdoors, you’ll need to put on googles to guard your eyes. Solar glasses will work however they may fall off your face, so it’s greatest to carry correct snow goggles.
Associated put up – We bought a cabin at Sasquatch Mountain
The Yeti Tube Park hut is the place you decide up your day passes (and scorching chocolate!).
Ideas for tubing at Sasquatch Mountain Resort
- You should plan forward and e book your time on-line. Don’t simply present up and count on to go tubing whenever you arrive. Time slots are 2 hour blocks. We went from 4:00 to six:00 PM. On the time of our go to it was nonetheless mild outdoors, nevertheless it acquired darkish shortly afterwards.
- There are peak restrictions. Kids below 1.07 meters (42 inches) in peak have to be accompanied within the tubing park always by a guardian or authorized guardian.
- Tubers have to be in their very own tube. This is applicable to kids, too. You possibly can go down the hill on the similar time and maintain onto one another’s tubes. There’s a max of three tubes at a time whereas on the identical lane.
- You aren’t allowed to put on ski boots when tubing. Should you plan to go tubing after snowboarding, just remember to carry footwear or boots to put on.
- Helmets are usually not obligatory however we want to put on our ski helmets. You may as well put on bike helmets when you don’t have a winter helmet.
Extra information about snow tubing at Sasquatch Mountain Resort right here.
The place is Sasquatch Mountain Resort situated?
Sasquatch Mountain Resort is situated 19 kilometres east of Harrison Mills and 154 kilometres east of Vancouver. It’s nestled in a pure snow bowl tucked away simply above Harrison Lake.
Learn this web page to discover ways to get to Sasquatch Mountain Resort, together with driving instructions from Vancouver, Burnaby and Surrey.